Forum du club de parapente Envol d'Anjou
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.
Forum du club de parapente Envol d'Anjou

Site web du club ==> https://envoldanjou.fr

AccueilAccueil  RechercherRechercher  Dernières imagesDernières images  S'enregistrerS'enregistrer  Connexion  
Le Deal du moment : -15%
(Adhérents) LEGO® Icons 10318 Le Concorde
Voir le deal
169.99 €

Récit de notre pilote Australien Barry OLIVER

3 participants
AuteurMessage
gillet swing

gillet swing

Statut : Adhérent

Récit de notre pilote Australien  Barry OLIVER Empty
MessageSujet: Récit de notre pilote Australien Barry OLIVER   Récit de notre pilote Australien  Barry OLIVER EmptyDim 16 Nov 2008 - 0:01

Hi everyone,

I hope you are all well.
I've posted some pictures of my local flying sites here:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/barryoliver/

A few details:
Canberra is Australia's Capital City, it lies about 300k southwest of Sydney and about 600k north of Melbourne.
Population is about 300,000. The main employer is the Commonwealth Government. I work at the Australian National University (ANU) as a Professor of Finance.
The ANU has about 5,000 students across a campus of about 145 hectares of land right next to the city centre.

We have 4 close flying sites:
Spring Hill about 20minutes drive west. Takes a westerly wind and is a soaring thermal site. The longest paragliding flight from here is about 105k.

Lake George- Geary's Gap about 20 minutes drive north. Takes an easterly wind and is more a soaring site. It is an escarpment along the edge of a waterless natural lake. The last time there was any water in it was about 15 years ago. Its possible to fly XC from here but over the back of the hill is 3500' airspace (launch is about 2400'). It is possible to go north where airspace is 5500' which helps. Maximum XC from here is about 100k.

Pig Hill about 20 minutes drive south west. Takes easterly wind and is only a thermal site however some great evening glass-offs are available.

Lanyon about 20minutes south. Takes a westerly wind and is only a thermic site- least popular but getting increasing interest.

Stanwell Park is a beautiful coastal site about 3hrs drive from Canberra. Stanwell is about 1hr south of Sydney. With right conditions its possible to fly up to about 50k along the coastline which is dotted with secluded sandy beaches (a hard walk out if you land there!).

Another picture is of Beechmont near the Gold Coast about 1hr drive south of Brisbane and about 800klm north of Sydney. Here flights of hundreds of k have been achieved. I recently competed in the Canungra PG competition which used this site quite a few times.

We have many other sites within a few hours drive of Canberra, some of the more popular, although a bit further away: Bright- about 5hrs drive and Manilla- about 7hrs drive.

We have established a great website that has wind speed and direction on three of our sites:
http://www.acthpa.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=21&Itemid=32

I can sit in my office and check the wind and when its flyable I can be flying within 30mins of leaving my office- am I lucky or what?

Regards,
Barry Oliver
Canberra Australia
Revenir en haut Aller en bas
φφ G

φφ G

MessageSujet: Re: Récit de notre pilote Australien Barry OLIVER   Récit de notre pilote Australien  Barry OLIVER EmptyDim 16 Nov 2008 - 10:34

Les photos sont belles, le texte surement interressant, mais faut comprendre...
Est ce que quelqu'un a la notice ?
Alexandre

Alexandre

MessageSujet: Traduction   Récit de notre pilote Australien  Barry OLIVER EmptyVen 21 Nov 2008 - 23:29

Bonjour!

Je vole avec Barry depuis maintenant deux ans, si quelqu'un est interesse par la traduction je peux la faire, je rentre en France pour Noel, je serais en Normandie et dans les Pyrenees... Mais la meteo n'est pas prometeuse...

Bon vols
Contenu sponsorisé

MessageSujet: Re: Récit de notre pilote Australien Barry OLIVER   Récit de notre pilote Australien  Barry OLIVER Empty

Récit de notre pilote Australien Barry OLIVER
Page 1 sur 1